Businesses of all sizes today are looking for unique and cost effective ways to promote their businesses.
In recent years, logo-branded USB flash drives have been popular and effective promotional tools for many businesses. Due to their popularity, the number of suppliers selling them have also grown dramatically.
USB flash drives come in all shapes, sizes, storage capacities, styles, and quality level. Before you rush out and do a bulk purchase of branded USB flash drives, you should consider and assess these factors to help you choose the right USB flash drives for your promotional needs:
Quality of the products is the most important factor when choosing usb flash drives for your promotion. The marketplace is awashed with suppliers providing low quality products, with many completely unfit for data storage.
Low quality USB flash drive products are usually made by manufacturers in China who cut corners or follow unscrupulous manufacturing practices in order to lower costs.
Giving away low quality promotional products will lead to disappointing customer experience and is a sure way to hurt your company’s brand image. To ensure you get the best quality, here are the criteria to consider when assessing suppliers’quality performance:
- Quality of Memory Chip (inside the USB Flash Drive) - Memory comes in different grades, varying in read and write speeds and data-retention capabilities. For the best quality, ensure that the supplier only use new, grade-A memory from established component suppliers such as Samsung, Hynix, Intel, and Micron. Beware of suppliers who offer you really low price. They could be using low quality and low speed or recycled components.
- Metal vs Plastic Loop for keyring attachment - A metal loop on the end of the USB Flash Drive is is preferable over a plastic loop if you intend to attach the USB Flash Drive to a bunch of keys. A plastic loop is prone to breakage after moderate use.
- The fit of the cap - Many models have loose and badly fitting caps, which can be annoying.
- Print Quality – A standard quality control scratch test can determine the quality of the print. If the print flakes off, it’s a sure sign of bad print quality.
- ISO 9001:2008 Certification – The ISO 9001:2008 is a standard for quality management. Suppliers who have the ISO 9001:2008 certification have shown to offer products with higher quality and reliability.
(2) Quick Turn Around Time
If you need to reliably get your custom USB drives in a short period of time, consider suppliers that have their own manufacturing facilities. Some suppliers use 3rd party manufacturers so order fulfillment is out of their control. Suppliers who have their own manufacturing facilities could usually guarantee a turnaround time of 6 days or less from formal order confirmation to delivery.
(3) Variety of Styles
USB flash products come in different flavors to suit your taste and marketing purpose: Swivels and Sliders, Cards, Pens, Lanyards, and Wristbands are some of the popular options.
(4) Logo Printing & Engraving Options
Logo printing and engraving can be done in various ways including Screen Printing, Photo Printing, Laser Engraving, and Diamond Engraving. Each method is better suited for a certain product type and material.
(5) Storage Capacity
USB flash devices have incredible storage capacities! The amount of storage space can range from 64MB to a whopping 32GB or more! To have an idea of how much storage space you need, consider this: an MP3 music file occupies around 4-8MB. A printable photo image file is around 2-3 MB. A Music Video occupies about 50-100MB, depending on the compression method used.
Note: 1000MB = 1GB.
(6) Data Services and Solutions
The following data services and solutions can be provided by most suppliers: FREE data preloading, USB Auto Run, USB File Lock/Dual Zone, Volume Label.
- Data Preloading – Here are some common types of files that can be preloaded for you: presentations, product catalogs, PDF brochures, software, videos, etc. can be preloaded for you.
- USB Auto Run – Auto Run feature allows your preloaded data, such as a presentation, to launch automatically when the user plugs the custom USB Flash Drive it into a computer.
- USB File Lock - If you want to prevent your data from accidental deletion, then the File Lock Feature is great to have.
USB accessories are great complements to the products and can add that little extra pizzazz to your promotion. Accessories include packaging and boxes, lanyard neckstraps, key chains, and much more.ny’s logo and business message is one of the most powerful promotional tools.
By carefully considering the above factors, you will have enough information to choose a reliable promotional USB drive supplier that can meet your expectations and needs.
Among the many suppliers that offer promotional USB flash drive products, Gadget Lab is one of the few USB flash drive suppliers that meet the above 7 quality and service criteria.